Dawn Verpaele, RHG Senior Market Director
Going through the process of buying a new smartphone or tablet takes a bit of elbow grease, but when the salesman throws in free accessories and tech support, it’s worth it. There’s a peace of mind knowing that the support you’ll need is free with certain BCBS Advantage plans.
If your client has Medicare, thanks to the health care law, they will get to enjoy extra benefits like these:
- A discount of 60% on covered brand-name drugs if you hit the Part D prescription drug coverage gap (“donut hole”)
- A host of preventive tests and screenings—including cancer screenings—most at no cost to your client.
- Over 230,000 women are diagnosed with breast cancer each year, making it one of the most common cancers in women. Getting a yearly mammogram is the best way to find breast cancer early.
- Mammograms are breast cancer screenings that can detect a lump up to 3 years before you or your doctor can feel it. This helps to detect breast cancer early, when it’s most treatable. All women between the ages of 50–74 should have a mammogram every 12 months—and Medicare covers mammograms at no cost if your doctor accepts assignment. Medicare also covers a yearly “wellness visit” each year.
BCBS Advantage Plans offer extra benefits that Original Medicare doesn’t cover like vision, hearing, dental coverage, prescription drugs, or extended coverage when you travel.
Medicare Member Questions? Tell Them to Call Florida Blue First
If BlueMedicare members come to you with questions or issues about their benefits, claims or any other concerns, it is important that you direct them to call Florida Blue for help first. We will work with members to quickly resolve any issues that arise.
Encouraging members to call Florida Blue first helps us solve members’ problems quickly and directly. It also helps us avoid members calling to complain to Medicare, which can negatively affect our Medicare Star ratings.
Here is what you can do if a member cOMes to you with a complaint:
- For BlueMedicare HMO, PPO and RPPO members: Encourage them to call 1-800-926-6565
- For BlueMedicare Preferred HMO members: Encourage them to call 1-844-783-5189
- Encourage members to call the number on the back of their Member ID.